Friday, May 30, 2014

Ok So I Love This App

So like I said yesterday I was going to try out this app called Zombies, Run! and folks I am addicted. I went for a walk and started the "game" and was hooked right off the bat. Yes, its $3.99 but it is so worth it.

Here is the link: Zombies, Run!

Now for the larger of us they have included a Zombie Attack on/off button which is great for me as I can barely outrun a baby at this moment in time so the stress of that was taken off. It plays your music too! The sequence goes like this. Story is introduced, you get your mission in the Zombies, Run world, and then your music plays. I hooked it up to one of my iTunes playlists and it worked perfectly! When the story ended it uploaded my stats to not only my Zombies, Run account but I was also able to link it to my RunKeeper app, which is also linked to My Fitness Pal account. All that linking can sure make one tired LOL.

You can choose between 1/2 hour or 1 hour missions. For the foreseeable future I will be using the 1/2 hour during the week and the 1 hour during the weekends.

One other option this app has is that it allows you to go on scavenger missions that are open ended. So I can walk around and collect items for my base. This was great because I had to mow the front lawn this morning and decided to get some supplies at the same time. So I got to listen to great music and build up my base while continuing to get my lung capacity up for the big races I have planned in my future.

Now that I am home I can login to my account and see the stuff I have collected and begin building my base to withstand Zombie attacks. Needless to say I am in Fat Nerd Heaven!

Speaking of Fat Nerd Heaven I have decided to do another 1/2 Marathon. This race was totally made for me! I haven't been this excited about a race since my inaugural Athens 1/2 in 2010. So for those of you who know me you know that I love Star Wars. As fate would have it Disney Runs is putting together a Disney Star Wars 1/2 Marathon. Needless to say I will be logging on 10 June at 12 pm to get my spot! Here is the link to the race. Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend

Well that is my report on the app. If you join up let me know and I will see if we can be buddies and who knows defeat the Zombie hordes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment