Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting Back on the Road

So I decided that today I would test out the knee by doing some street running. Something I have not been able to do since Berlin because of the fall I took in Scotland. I chose to run in my neighborhood that has a moderate incline in the middle of the run and a real sharp incline at the end. I also chose to run at a 6x4 interval. I used the 6x4 for my 1/2 Marathon and felt that this would be the best way for me to go to see just how hard I need to work. To my surprise I was able to maintain a great pace during the six minutes and was able to get my breath back rather quickly during the walking part of the interval. I did 4 intervals total and ran 2.5 miles, which for a Mammoth is not bad.

Tomorrow I will be back on the treadmill at the Omni with Matt at 8:30 am and we have a core workout to do after our walk.

Its time to get moving Mammoths. Spring is coming and we have races to run! So get a jump on your New Years resolution now and get going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment