Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 318: And on the 7th Day the Mammoth Rested! I Need To Rest Cuz Mammoths Don't Sprint!

Hey Mammoths its been a crazy week for your herd leader. Lots of exercise on top of illness! Yikes, it has been a while since I have been sick like I was on Saturday but being at a lesser weight has really made a difference in my recovery. When I would go down with illness I would be out of commission for at least a week. Now, I was good to go in about 24 hours. So losing weight not only makes you feel better but it can get you feeling better quicker as well.

I also think part of my sickness came from some of the food I ate on Saturday. Now I use Good Measure Meals to keep me on track as far as eating goes. It makes sense for me to use this service because I have a busy life as a business owner, budding entrepreneur, and running enthusiast. It also takes the burden off the Mommoth who is busy raising our now eight month old daughter and really has little time to worry about the Daddy Mammoth. Well on Saturday I made a little detour from my normal eating pattern and went to the farmers market where I ate with the Mommoth some not so healthy things. In the realm of Unwise, Better, Best they were Better choices but my body has become conditioned to Best choices. I then went and met with Gazelle Matt at our favorite pub to watch soccer and split a burger and some blue cheese crisps with the Mommoth. Welcome to the Unwise Zone and it was like presto I feel terrible. I felt so bad I had to cancel plans I had to watch soccer with Gazelle Matt later that evening (so you know I was illin' if I dis my homie and skip a soccer game). Moral of this story is eat healthy and be healthy; eat like crap and feel like crap.

The exercise this week has been a little brutal on me for some reason. Now I have been a WoW Boot Camp! alumni for a while and so I am used to the workouts Michael, Tom, and Lee come up with but for some reason this past Tuesday I had the hardest time. Now I still got in three miles and if you consider the sprints, weights, and core work we did that is quite a feat but still I was beat like an old rented Mammoth. Now I have said this repeatedly MAMMOTHS DON"T SPRINT but lately speed work has really entered into my workouts and I sort of enjoy them (please don't tell Michael this). I can actually feel myself rambling faster everyday. I also see and feel myself becoming leaner and that Mammoths is an awesome feeling I am sure most of you are experiencing. The only draw back I am experiencing is in my energy level afterwards. I am just exhausted I want to find a tar pit and get some sleep?

Well Mammoths I have an exciting weekend on tap. The Mommoth and I will be participating in the Silver and Archibald Run/Walk for Home 5k this weekend. Last year I Mammoth Marched this event in 1 hour 15 minutes. I am shooting for a better time this year. Then I am packing up for Chicago to go to a Department of Defense conference and get in some wonderful running in Chicago! I am so pumped about this!

Okay Mammoths I need to go and do some important stuff so I will blog at you later. As always I hope to see you out on the range, stick close to a good watering hole, and as always mind what you are grazing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment