Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 335: Weekend Update, Monday's Ramble, and a Race for Beer!

Yo Mammoths!

First I need to give a big shout out to my friend Susan. She sent me a really cool shirt as a way to keep me motivated. Trust me kiddo I will never tap out! Thank you so much and it is great to know that you have great people in your herd pulling for you!

What a weekend! We had awesome weather here in Athens. My Saturday started out with a nice three mile ramble with the Mommoth and the Baby Mammoth keeping pace with me. Michael has me working out in my first zone, taking it up to my second zone, but then bringing it back down. The purpose this type of training is to build up my endurance. What I mean by zone One is that is the zone where my heart is pumping a little faster, right around 111 beats per minute, but I am not wheezing our out of breath. Zone Two is a little more challenging. I can carry on a conversation but my breathing is a little more labored. This type of training is used to help me develop my BASE. Now Mammoths you know the Head Leader here likes to go all out, every time. I like the tshirt says, "Want to leave it all on the field." In the future I will have workouts like that but for right now I have to take it slow and build. Yeah Mammoths its hard for me to be patient. The Mommoth can tell you that I am not patient at all but when you are going for such a long distance you have to learn that patience. So I have a new prayer that I pray now. "Lord grant me patience and I NEED IT RIGHT NOW!"

The other part of my Saturday was going to Over Eaters Anonymous (OA). OA is a big part of my home plan. A lot of the reason I got to be as big as I was is due to the fact that I used food to control my mood. Instead of feeling anger or frustration I would use food to give a feeling a comfort. This is my battle, and no not every obese person out there has this but I do and it is important for me to be around others who understand my struggle. I have an awesome sponsor and a great group I meet with. On this particular Saturday we had a guest meeting and a wonderful person from out of town came to our meeting and shared their story. It made me tear up because I have experienced a lot of the struggles this person has dealt with and Mammoths it is so awesome to see someone who has made it to the other side.

The best about Saturday was that I got to take the world's best nap! Mammoths, the Mommoth and Baby Mammoth took off to go shopping and I laid down for some sweet sleep. It was so great to have a nice quiet house again.

The menu for Saturday was great as well. Since I have only five days of Good Measure Meals I have to cook for myself on the weekends which is great for me. It allows me to keep current in the kitchen and allow me to share great recipes for you. I have a Philly Cheese Steak recipe that I am going to share with you all on Wednesday that is so decadent that you will swear there is no way it under 300 calories, but it is. Breakfast was a MarkMuffin (Kroger Wheat Round, Piece of Cheese, 1/4 cup of Egg Whites, and a piece of Turkey Sausage) and some fruit. Lunch was a turkey rap with baked Doritos. Snacks consisted of a 90 calorie energy bar and a ton of fruit. Dinner was my favorite which is the Pita Pizza. I would tell you the secret of the Pita Pizza but then you would stop reading my blog because you would be constantly making Pita Pizzas. So I will hold on to that information for a while.

Sunday was another beautiful day in Athens. The little Herd went to Athens Church at the Classic Center where we met our friends who came to visit. The service was great, the sermon was awesome, and my friends really liked it. Its a different kind of church than I have ever belonged to. Its about being a community of believers which is so much different than what I am used to. Anyway, if you are in Athens and you want to go let me know and I will save you a seat and get you a cup of coffee. After that we all went for a walk to one of our favorite restaurants, Harry' Pig Shop. It was great walking there with Mary and her Mom as well as the little Herd and we had a great time of laughing and I had my splurge meal of BBQ Nachos. I had planned this splurge so I enjoyed my food and afterwards we walked home, which helped burn off some calories. IT WAS SO GOOD! Dinner the Mommoth made this crock pot Swiss Steak. I will put the recipe below. 190 calories per serving and it was delicious. We did a great deal of family walking on Sunday and took advantage of the great weather we are having.

Monday was a rest day but with all of the walking I did today with the Mommoth in the neighborhood it sure felt like a work out day. The best part of my day was meeting up with a good guy who wants to get healthier. So my newest member of the Herd will be joining me at the Omni Club here in Athens to ride stationary bikes and then walk on Friday. So proud of this Mammoth coming out and asking for help. Got him started on My Fitness Pal and watching calories and increasing movements. He is still really young so he is going to do awesome.

I also found out that my favorite brewery in town, the Terrapin Brewery is having a 5k + 1 this Saturday. So you get a cool t-shirt, the money goes to a great cause, and you get to taste some awesome beer. This Mammoth will be leading a stampede for all of that!

Well Mammoths it has been a great day and I have WoW! Boot Camp in the morning so I need to get some sleep. As always I will see you out on the range, stick close to a good watering hole, and be mindful of what you are grazing on.

Crock Pot Swiss Steak (WW Recipe)
3 Table Spoons Gold Medal All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1.5 pounds beef boneless round, tip, or chuck steak-cut into six pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, sliced
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

Mix flour, mustard and salt. Coat beef with mixture. Heat oil in pan over medium heat, Cook beef in oil for 15 minutes, turning once, until brown. Place beef in a 6 quart crock pot, top with onion and bell pepper. Mix tomatoes and garlic, pour over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 9 hours or until meat is tender.

1 Cup= 190 calories. We served it over brown rice 1/2 cup is 50 calories. Great meal to have cooking while you are at work or play! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment