Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 277: Catching Up After Losing A Member of the Herd

Hey Mammoths. Some sad news here at Mammoth Central. I lost my Grandfather as he succumbed to old age. Now there is nothing better in life than to live and live to the maximum. Well that sums up my Granddad pretty well. CB Bragg was known as a dependable man, a man of character, and a man of class. I aspire to be like him in so many ways. He inspired me to join the military and when I was having a rough time he wrote me a letter I still have to this day. In the letter he said to me that the difference between a retreat and a route is that with a retreat you intend to reform, regroup, and fight again. With a route you are just whipped! I use those words a lot in my own life and struggle with weight. I would be lying to you if I said I did not eat for comfort while I was a the funeral but those words kept echoing in my ear. So after my retreat I came home, got on my running shoes, and did six miles. I know Granddad would be proud.

Well Mammoths I have successfully navigated my way out of any 5ks for this month. The Mommoth and I were planning on doing so many but it just seemed fate conspired against us to often and maybe that is for the best seeing how we did three in April. So we are looking to do one early in June and then we need to prepare for our PeachTree Adventure! We have a room already in Midtown (Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow) and my Mom is going to be watching the Baby Mammoth so it should be an awesome fourth of July!

Team In Training (TNT-I'd call it TIT for obvious reasons and hey guys give a lot of money for that kind of thing but I am a little crude) starts up this month and we are going to be raising money. If you have any ideas for fundraisers me and the Mommoth are all about hearing about them!

Lastly the contest for the Logo is still happening. You have a little over three weeks to get in your entry. Just email it here woollymammothrunner@gmail.com enter as often as you like! Hey who knows where this can lead you.

Cheers Mammoths and thanks for the emails and letters of love and affection. Granddad lived an awesome life and was a true inspiration to me. So I hope to see you out on the range, stick close to a good watering hole, and as always mind what you are grazing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment