Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 286: Mammoths and Mexicans Storming the Alamo Before Dawn

Bienvenidos Mammoths!

So I had a business trip to San Antonio and man what a great time. There is nothing like running in a city you don't live in. It is a great way to see what is around you which in turn lets you know what is happening. My first run around San Antonio happened on Wednesday morning when I woke up really early and ran on the River Walk. Now if you are not familiar with San Antonio it is where the Alamo is and also has a famous River Walk which is lined with hotels, shopping, and restaurants. By getting out there early I was able to see what was where and I was able to do some bargain shopping for the Mommoth and the Baby Mammoth. I was also able to see where I could eat healthy and also authentic. I mean I am in the heart of Tex-Mex culture so getting some of those types of foods was on my list of things to try. Now being a food addict I have to be careful when I go out of town because I have a tendency to overeat because I am nervous. One thing I have learned is that if you ask a kitchen to do something they will 9 time out of 10 do it. So when we got Tex-Mex I asked if there was anyway I could get things baked not fried, salsa instead of dressing, and a salad instead of french fries.

It was a great trip and I loved running. Sorry this is short Mammoths but this is a busy weekend. Will blog after the Rucker 5k tomorrow. So I hope to see you on the range, stick close to a good watering hole, and as always be mindful of what you are grazing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment