Saturday, January 15, 2011

5 Miles in the Books

So Mammoths today I ran 5 miles using the 6/4 method. However when I got to the last mile I turned off my coach and just ran it. I wanted to see if I could do it and I did!!! Not only did I do it but I also kept my heart rate at the 130 range. I did this all in 72 minutes which leads me to believe that I could do a sub 3 hour 1/2 but it will be close.

I will be running in the ML5K this Monday. It starts at 3pm at Weaver D's downtown. I am assuming that this course will take us up and around downtown then back through college leading us back to Broad, hills, hills hills!!! So come on out Mammoths and run.

Also I am looking for Mammoths to join a cause I believe in. Jeff Ford, Mark Zigman and I are creating a racing team called Cruising for Campers. Cruising for Campers raises money for a camp for kids who have cancer. Look for a special blog on this and how you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment