Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 340. Rest Day so Its Mammoth Mail and Recipe Day

Morning Mammoths. So I get a rest day today so I thought I would respond to some Mammoth Mail I got on my Face Book fan page and also give you the best dessert recipe ever!

In my first Mammoth Mail Question I answer a really good one. It comes from Beth S. from Maryland. Beth wrote: How to stop making excuses and just do it. How to get to the point that the goal is more important than the "bad" food along the way.

Beth this is a tough question because it deals with priorities. In my show on A&E I came face to face with this choice with Johanna at the grocery store. What is my goal? To run a marathon. How do I do this goal? By continuing to lose weight. Now that I have that in mind I use little tricks to help remind me of my goal. I have a sign on my refrigerator at home and at work that asks, "ARE YOU EATING FOR THE RACE?" I also made a wallet sized card that allows me to see it every time I open my wallet. These little reminders help me but willpower is a muscle and if you have exercised at all you know that muscles will fail. There will be day when you pull into the McDonald's parking lot and go through the drive thru, it is going to happen, it has happened to me. I want to tell you that that is okay. You haven't blown anything, you just had an off day. Everyone has an off day, it is up to you though to recognize it and then do the NEXT RIGHT THING. Little slips happen, heck even big slips happen but its what you do next that is important. You also want to plan for a splurge as well. If you have an occasion plan for it and say yes to that Lasagna, but make sure its an occasion worth your calories. Lastly occasions don't happen every night! Well when I was 650 I sure did think that every meal was an occasion, now I know differently. Thanks Beth for that question.


Okay awesome recipe from H3. Jen Welper the executive chef made this for us one Friday night and it was so, so awesome! I will give the recipe here and also the link so you can check it out yourself. By the way, I made this for my employees for our Monthly MoWerks Munch and they went crazy for it. 


INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. Fat-free cream cheese
1 ½ cups Confectioners sugar
½ cup Creamy peanut butter
1 cup Skim milk
16 oz. Fat-free cool whip (thawed out)
1 cup Crushed graham cracker crumbs


PREPARATION:
• In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter.
• Slowly add milk and beat at medium speed until smooth.
• Fold in thawed cool whip.
• Spoon ¼ cup of peanut butter mixture into the bottom of a glass.
• Sprinkle one tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs on top of the peanut butter
mixture.
• Repeat; alternating peanut butter mixture with graham cracker crumbs.
• Top off with peanut butter mixture (there should be five layers).
• Cover and freeze until firm.
• Enjoy!


Number of servings: 16
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 180
Fat Grams: 4.5


Peanut Butter Triffle Cup  Thank you H3

No comments:

Post a Comment