Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Future

Hey Mammoths!!!

So I just had a coffee with Michael Williams co-founder of WoW BootCamp! here in Athens and we talked about the future. It's weird sometimes to think about what is ahead of me since for so long I didn't even want to think about the future because I was so hopeless. Now though I am ready to do it. I have committed myself to running a full marathon next March at the Snickers in Albany, GA. That is the goal! As my partner Mike has at the bottom of his email "so it is written, so it shall be done."

To do this I am setting up mini goals and achievements to get me there. My first race hopefully will be the PeachTree Roadrace in Atlanta on July 4, a middling 10 k late August-Early September, the Athens 1/2 in October, the Rock N Roll 1/2 in Savannah in November, the New Years Day 5k in Athens, and finally the Snickers full marathon in March of 2012. This is my unofficial race schedule and there is a fun run for me in May with Matt and Mike, the Warrior Dash 10:30 wave and other small races that I enjoy like the Silver and Archibald Habitat Run in late April that I will participate in but they all lead to the full 26.2 miles in Albany.

Well my dear readers I now have a plan and you are going to come with me. Every grueling mile, every sit up, every leg lift, every weight training session you will see how I progress. In other words the Papa Mammoth has had his three week hibernation and now it's time to get serious and back out on the range. I will be posting what I am grazing on as well by using MyFitnessPal to record my calories, so go to their website and be my friend.

May 1 I will have a major announcement and I am so stoked about it. So keep checking in Mammoths!

Well my little Mammoths I have said enough for today. If you haven't joined the FB fan page or my twitter @WMRunner then please do so.

As always Mammoths have fun on the range, make sure you have a good watering hole, and always watch what you are grazing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment